PHILLIPI: ZINGISA COMMUNITY FOOD SECURITY GARDEN PROJECT: SUPPLY AND DELIVERY OF A 6 METER CONVERTED STEEL SHIPPING CONTAINER
The works/goods, as described, is part of the Agriculture and Land Reform programme for the Metro District, Zingisa Community Food Security Garden project is situated in Phillipi. The quoted amount will be a lump sum bid and must include conversion, supply and delivery of container as described below. The successful bidder must have the capacity to deliver the goods within 1 (one) calendar month starting 7 seven days from date of appointment.
The scope of works will include the supply and delivery of a 6 meter converted shipping container that complies with the minimum specifications as described below:
SCOPE OF WORK
After opening the container wall for window installation; cover the cut sections with 3mm thick U-channel sections or angle iron to cover the opening. The inner measurements of the U-channel to be of similar sizes as for the outer sizes of the container walls. The frameworks to be mitred at corners and to be built in position before the window can be fitted. All openings between the framework and wall surfaces of the container to be filled with expansion foam and when hard, neatly cut and sanded to a smooth and even surface. The size of the window should be 1022×949 mm high.
The container will be sanded down to a smooth and even surface. All badly rusted areas shall be cut out and re-surface with at least three layers of fibre glass material. On completion, sand to a smooth and even surface. Paint the container externally and internally with one coat approved primer, one undercoat and two coats of semi-gloss oil-based paint. The external paint should be anti-rust green.
Allow for the following:
- One x 6-meter second hand steel shipping container
- Must be delivered and off-loaded at the project, fully converted according the above specs. (the client/beneficiary will ensure that ground conditions are conducive to off-loading of containers)
- Container shall be physically inspected of Wind & Watertight (W&Wt) criterion.
- To be Wind & Watertight (WWT) container on completion.
Documents are available at Casidra SOC Ltd, 22 Louws Avenue, Southern Paarl. Documents can also be obtained from Ms Constance Makhuvha via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Documents for the purpose of this bid include:
- Standard Conditions of Contract can be viewed on the Casidra website at www.casidra.co.za.
- Price Form (Form CBD 3.1 (Lump Sum)
- PPP Evaluation Form (Form CBD 5.1 (80/20))
- Bank Entity Form (Form CBD 7)
In accordance with Casidra’s Preferential Procurement Policy, this bid as further indicated in CBD 5.1 is subject to:
- B-BBEE certified bids will receive preferential scores.
BID DEADLINE: The closing date for the bid is 25 February 2019 strictly at 12H00.
Bids can be emailed to email@example.com. Faxed copies will be accepted only if receipt is confirmed by telephone. Faxes can be send to 086 582 3018 and telephonically confirmed at 021 863 5000 or 079 507 3737.
The following documents (including fully completed and signed CBD forms numbered 1 to 5.1 as supplied) must be valid for a period of 60 calendar days after closure of the bid and submitted as a bid packet:
- A completed project bid to supply and deliver the steel container with all supplied CBD forms fully completed and signed.
- A certified copy of the company’s BEE Certificate / original Sworn Affidavit (please see CBD 5.1 which is applicable). Tax Clearance is compulsory and must be indicated as compliant on CSD for the principle and all sub-contractors.
- Completed and signed PPP (CBD 5.1) form.
- Registration on the CSD is compulsory and CSD Supplier Registration numbers must be supplied.
- Fully completed, stamped and signed Bank Entity Form (Form CBD 7), unless the company banking information indicate “verified” on the CSD.