CLANWILLIAM BONTEHEUWEL: D.C. KOOPMAN: SUPPLY AND INSTALLATION OF SOLAR PUMP, PANELS AND PIPING
The works, as described, are part of the Famer Support and Development programme of the Western Cape Department of Agriculture for the North West Coast District. All the work will be situated in Bonteheuwel and surrounding settlements, in the Clanwilliam District. The quoted amount will be a lump sum bid and must include material, labour and machinery. As the works are urgent, the successful bidder must have the capacity to start the works immediately after appointment and complete the work within 7 (seven) days.
Conditions that may pose a risk: (Summary of Risk analysis)
Extreme cold in winter (0˚ or less, min temperatures) and extreme heat (40˚ plus, maximum temperatures) in summer are 2 (two) conditions the contractor will have to take cognisance of. The region is extremely rocky with high mountains and very gravel roads and gravel passes. As the contractor will be working in the outlying areas, snakes can also prove a risk. The Contractor must put all necessary precautions in place to work under these conditions.
Electrical installation and heavy equipment can create dangerous work environment and need care and experienced personnel to supervise.
The scope of works will include:
- Supply and installation and commissioning of a Grundfos solar borehole pump (or equal to Grundfos 3 SQF-3) to deliver 150L/h in an average month complete with low level well probe, 50mm Class 10 HDPE pipe and pipe and bore head connectors, 4.0 mm² x 4 core submersible cable, cable joint and 12mm safety rope 45m into a borehole and a switch gear Grundfos IQ 50.
- Supply and mounting and commissioning of 3 x 270 (W 992 X L 1650) Watt Solar panels on a north facing galvanized ground mount panel structure with vandal proofing secured on concrete pillars. (Concrete bases to the posts to be 450 x 450 x 600mm deep)
- Supply and installation of 50mm Class 10 HDPE Pipe and pipe connectors from the existing 50mm borehole head to the 50mm diameter inlet and connected to 10 000L water tanks. +- 100 meter
- Above installation should come with all necessary fittings; accessories such as brackets, bolts, nuts and concrete etc. to complete the contract.
- Supplier must verify the design specifications as given here and ensure that his installation conform to the pump output as requested.
- Successful performance test must be done on completion before payment can be done.
- Price to include transportation, installation and all other costs.
- At least 1 year (12 months) guarantee on all works.
- COC certificate must be supplied on electrical installation.
Documents are available at Casidra SOC Ltd, 22 Louws Avenue, Southern Paarl. Documents can also be obtained from Mr. Warren Marcus via email on email@example.com.
Documents for the purpose of this bid include:
- Conditions to Submit Bid (Form CBD 2.2 (Measured)
- Price Form, Bill of Quantities and Schedules (Form CBD 3.2 Measured)
- Scope of Works (Form CBD 4)
- PPP Evaluation Form (Form CBD 5.1 80/20)
- Bank Entity Form (Form CBD 7), unless the banking details of the company indicate “verified” on the Central Supplier Database (CSD).
- Registration on the CSD for all suppliers is compulsory and registration numbers must be supplied.
- For Construction works – Occupational Health and Safety Risk assessment and Specifications according to Construction Reg. 5 (b)
In accordance with Casidra’s Preferential Procurement Policy, this bid as further indicated in CBD 5.1 is subject to:
- a functionality compliance test;
- B-BBEE certified bids will receive preferential scores;
- Local production and content
This bid include goods from a designated sector solar photovoltaic system and components with a stipulated minimum threshold for local production and content will be considered. SBD 6.2 and Annex C, D and E documentation apply and must be completed and handed in with this bid.
The successful bidder will be required to fill in and sign a written Contract Form (CBD 8). Included are a penalty clause of R 500,00/calendar day that apply for late completion of works and a 10% retention fee for 3 months not bearing interest.
BID DEADLINE: The closing date for the bid is 14 December 2018 strictly at 12H00.
Bids must be submitted in a sealed envelope with the name of the bidder and the inscription “SUPPLY AND INSTALLATION OF SOLAR SYSTEM – BID NO. 254/2018” and placed in the bid box available at Reception of Casidra’s Head Office, 22 Louws Avenue, Southern Paarl. No faxed, counter-to-counter courier or posted bids will be accepted.
The following documents (including fully completed and signed CBD forms numbered 1 to 7 as supplied) must be valid for a period of 60 calendar days after closure of the bid and submitted as a bid packet:
|Document number||Document description||Action required/comment|
|CBD 1||General requirements||Signed|
|CBD 2.2||Conditions to submit bid (measured)||Signed|
|CBD 3.2||Price form (measured)||Complete, sign|
|CBD 4||Scope of works||Signed|
|CBD 5.1 (80/20)||PPP Evaluation form||Complete, sign|
|CBD 7||Bank Entity form (Not needed if “verified” on CSD)||Complete, bank stamp|
|TCC of principle and sub-contractors||Registration and verification of Tax Clearance on CSD.||Compulsory|
|BEE||B-BBEE Certificate or Sworn Affidavit (as applicable, see CBD 5 for detail)||Original affidavit or certified copy certificate/Valid/not compulsory|
|CV||Detailed company profile including the core competencies of personnel and subcontractors||Compulsory|
|CBD 3.2 Experience||Proof of previous work and contact details of three work-related references that are qualified to comment on work.|
|CBD 3.2 Rates||Unit rates for the works on the forms as supplied||Compulsory|
|CBD 3.2 Changes||Indication if any changes are proposed in scope of works and cost implication.||If required|
|CBD 3.2 Plant||List of machinery and plant available||Compulsory|
|CM (Construction works only)||Proof of competency of a Construction manager in terms of the Construction regulation 8.||Valid/ compulsory|
|COIDA||Letter of good standing of the Contractor in terms of COIDA||Valid/ compulsory|
|OHS Plan||Occupational Health and Safety Plan approved by the Client||Valid/ Proof after appointment|
|CI||Proof of construction insurance||Valid/ Proof after appointment|