BUSINESS PLAN DEVELOPMENT FOR EMERGING FARMERS
The Western Cape Department of Agriculture (WCDoA) has selected a number of emerging farmers who need to be assisted with the compilation of bankable business plans. The WCDoA has mandated the Unit for Technical Assistance (UTA) to assist in compiling these business plans. These business plans must be ready for submission by the end of January 2019 for submission to the National Department of Agriculture and Fisheries (DAFF).
These business plans are aimed for the blended funding model where the DAFF will provide a certain proportion of the total funding requirement whilst the rest will be provided by a commercial banking institution. This requires that the business plan meets the criteria set by the banking institution for a bankable business plan worth of support.
The service provider must provide the following services to the UTA:
- Draft business plan that would include amongst others, purpose of the business; feasibility; cash flow, and bankability studies that would help the applicant to secure the requisite funding for a banking institution.
- The Service Provider must be ready to be called upon to provide deeper insight to institutions into the business plans that are compiled.
- The Service Provider must deliver a concise report, which addresses all areas of a bankable business plans.
Documents are available at Casidra SOC Ltd, 22 Louws Avenue, Southern Paarl. Documents can also be obtained from Mr. Belvin Namoobe via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Documents for the purpose of this bid include:
- Conditions to Submit Bid (Form CPBD 2.1 (Lump Sum) or Standard Conditions of Contract can be viewed on the Casidra website at www.Casidra.co.za
- Price Form, Bill of Quantities and Schedules (Form CPBD 3.1 (Lump Sum))
- Scope of Works (Form CPBD 4)
- PPP Evaluation Form (Form CBD 5.1 (80/20))
- Bank Entity Form (Form CBD 7), unless the company banking information indicate “verified” on the CSD.
In accordance with Casidra’s Preferential Procurement Policy, BEE certified bids will receive preferential scores.
The successful bidder will be required to fill in and sign a Service Level Agreement (CPBD 8).
BID DEADLINE: The closing date for the bid is 11 December 2018 strictly at 12H00.
Bids must be submitted in a sealed envelope with the name of the bidder and the inscription “DEVELOPMENT OF BUSINESS PLANS FOR EMERGING FARMERS: TENDER NO:253/2018” and placed in the bid box available at Reception of Casidra’s Head Office, 22 Louws Avenue, Southern Paarl. No faxed, counter-to-counter courier or posted bids will be accepted.
The following documents and fully completed and signed CBD or CPBD forms, as supplied, must be valid for a period of 60 calendar days after closure of the bid and submitted as a bid packet:
- A completed project bid form CPBD 3.1 (Including project schedule and cash flow projection)
- Project schedule and cash flow projection to complete the work.
- Unit rates for the works on the forms as supplied.
- CPBD 5.1 – A detailed company profile, including the core competencies and CV’s of project team members and relevant years of experience, contact details of three work-related references that are qualified to comment on work.
- Tax Clearance and registration on CSD is compulsory for the principle and subcontractors.
- Completed and signed PPP (CBD 5.1), Bank Entity (CBD 7), unless the company banking information indicate “verified” on the CSD.
- A copy of the companies BEE certificate or sworn affidavit as required by CBD 5.1.
All technical enquiries can be referred to Mr. Belvin Namoobe at (021) 863 5000.