CONSTRUCTION OF FENCES
The items, as described, is part of the Agriculture and Land Reform programme for the Little Karoo, for the Berenice le Roux Project, Matjiesrivier in the Western Cape and 60 km from Oudtshoorn. The quoted amount will be a lump sum bid to erect border fencing in Matjiesrivier.
Conditions that may pose a risk:
- Risk of eye injury from flying particles and dust.
- Injury from breaking wires.
- Slips, trips and falls due to untidy work area and uneven surface.
- Sun- and element exposure.
The Contractor must put all necessary precautions in place to work under these conditions.
The scope of works will include:
- The supply of related equipment as well as labour. (Rocky ground conditions can be expected and the contractor should have access to the necessary equipment to dig holes in such conditions);
- 3 800m erection of new fence with 1.4m height.
- Clearing area of large shrubs where new fence is to be constructed
- Packing of stones on foot netting 3 800m
- All boxes, anchors, knocks, must include in the prices as provided;
- Maps will be provided
- All the old fencing material remains the property of the subject farm.
- An area for storing the material will be allocated.
- No material, new or old, may be dumped in the veld.
- All cut-offs must be dumped at the storing site.
The specifications will be the construction of a border fence of 3 800m in total consisting of the following items:
|Description of fence to be constructed:|
|Boundary fence:||Berenice le Roux – Matjies Rivier|
|Height of fence (mm):||1 400mm|
|Number of strands:||10 (5 x plain and 5 x barbed)|
|Spacing between standards (m):||10|
|Droppers between standards:||4|
|Galvanised wire netting:||No|
|Length of fence (km):||3,8km|
|Material specification and standards to be used||Total|
|Standards: Y-standard 2 100mm||300|
|Droppers between standards: CCA treated 1400mm x 30mm||1140|
|Anchor posts: 2100mm x 120mm||50|
|Anchor Wire: 4mm (coils)||1|
|Binding Wire: 2.5mm (coils)||2|
|Barbed Wire: 2.8mm x 1.9mm (coils)||21|
|Plain High Tension Wire: 2.24mm (coils)||11|
|Jackal Netting: 1200mm x 75mm x 1.8mm||72|
|Heavy Duty Galvanised Gates:||2|
Documents are available at Casidra SOC Ltd, 7 Fairview Office Park, George. Documents can also be obtained from Jannie Lötter via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
A compulsory site visit is scheduled for Thursday 06 December 2018 at 11h00. Contact Jannie Lötter on 082 560 5448 or 044 871 0134 to confirm location of site visit.
Documents for the purpose of this bid include:
- Conditions to Submit Bid (Form CBD 2.1 (Lump Sum)
- Price Form, Bill of Quantities and Schedules (Form CBD 3.1 (Lump Sum)
- Scope of Works (Form CBD 4)
- PPP Evaluation Form (Form CBD 5.1 (80/20)
- Bank Entity Form (Form CBD 7), unless the banking details of the company indicate “verified” on the Central Supplier Database (CSD).
- Registration on the CSD for all suppliers is compulsory and registration numbers must be supplied.
- A valid letter of good standing of the Contractor in terms of COIDA is compulsory
- Occupational Health and Safety Risk assessment and Specifications according to Construction Reg. 5 (b)
In accordance with Casidra’s Preferential Procurement Policy, this bid as further indicated in CBD 5.1 is subject to:
- a functionality compliance test;
B-BBEE certified bids will receive preferential scores.
A compulsory site meeting will be held on Friday 06 December 2018 at 11h00 at Matjiesrivier. Gathering point will be at Kobus se Gat at the entrance to the Matjiesrivier-area at 10h30 sharp. Notice of attendance must be forwarded to the contact person as copies of the design plans for the works will be handed out at the meeting
BID DEADLINE: The closing date for the bid is 20 December 2018 strictly at 12H00.
Bids can be emailed to email@example.com. Faxed copies will be accepted only if receipt is confirmed by telephone. Faxes can be send to 044 871 4230 and telephonically confirmed at 044 871 0134.
The following documents (including fully completed and signed CBD forms as supplied) must be valid for a period of 60 calendar days after closure of the bid and submitted as a bid packet:
- A completed bid to construct the border fence with all supplied CBD forms fully completed and signed (CBD 3.1 and CBD 5.1 that are attached to this document).
- An originally certified copy of the company’s BEE Certificate / original certified Sworn Affidavit (please see CBD 5.1 which is applicable). This must be posted to Casidra, PO Box 9246, George to reach us before the closing date. This is however not a prerequisite.
- Tax Clearance is compulsory and must be indicated as compliant on CSD for the principle and all sub-contractors.
- Registration on the CSD is compulsory and CSD Supplier Registration numbers must be supplied.
- Fully completed, stamped and signed Bank Entity Form (Form CBD 7), unless the company banking information indicate “verified” on the CSD.