TENDER NO: 106/2020
WAAIKRAAL FARM: TURN-AROUND PLAN
Casidra is an implementing agency of the sole shareholder, the Provincial Government of the Western Cape (PGWC). Casidra’s mandate is Agriculture and Economic Development within a Rural and Land Reform context.
The Unit for Technical Assistance (UTA) needs a service provider to draft a total farm plan for Waaikraal farm to render the farm profitable. The farm is situated just off the N12 near Dysselsdorp in the Oudtshoorn Municipal area of the Western Cape Province, 20km from Oudtshoorn on the way to De Rust.
- Currently the farm cultivates Lucerne, vegetable seed, tomatoes, rosemary and have a cattle herd.
The Service Provider must deliver a report and business plan to the UTA covering the following:
- Enterprise analysis for the cultivation of prickly pears and how it could fit into the current activities. Value adding by using the fruit, leaves and pips must be considered. Marketing plan, cash flow and enterprise budget must be included.
- Enterprise analyses of a small feedlot to round off animals from the neighboring community. Rations must include prickly pear leaves. Much of the data is available and must just be finalized. Cash flow and enterprise budget must be included.
- Investigate proposals that is available on how the farm can add value to the small farmers in the community and the revenue that the farm can expect from such activities.
- A whole farm plan including the current activities as well as the new proposed ventures including cash flows projections for the next 10 years and enterprise- and total budgets.
- Financial Plan indicating the investment needed over realistic time frame.
- All back ground information are available such as water yield and storage, soil suitability and –classifications, climate data and rainfall. All information will be issued to the successful bidder.
- All standard aspects of a business plan must be met.
- Spreadsheet with enterprise budgets (clear assumptions use for enterprise budget).
- Spreadsheet with cash flow projections
- Spreadsheet with financial plan
- Business plan:
- Evaluation of alternative enterprises
- Production plan
- Financial plan
- Marketing plan
- Mechanisation plan.
Documents are available at Casidra SOC Ltd, 22 Louws Avenue, Southern Paarl. Documents can also be obtained from Mr Belvin Namoobe via email on email@example.com.
Documents for the purpose of this bid include:
- Conditions to Submit Bid (Form CPBD 2.1 (Lump Sum) or Standard Conditions of Contract can be viewed on the Casidra website at www.Casidra.co.za
- Price Form, Bill of Quantities and Schedules (Form CPBD 3.1 (Lump Sum))
- Scope of Works (Form CPBD 4)
- PPP Evaluation Form (Form CBPD 5.1 (80/20))
- General Requirements (Form CPBD 1.)
In accordance with Casidra’s Preferential Procurement Policy, BEE certified bids will receive preferential scores.
The successful bidder will be required to fill in and sign a Service Level Agreement (CPBD 8).
BID DEADLINE: The closing date for the bid is 02 November 2020 strictly at 12H00.
SUBMISSION OF BIDS
Bids must be submitted in a sealed envelope with the name of the bidder and the inscription “WAAIKRAAL FARM: TURN-AROUND PLAN – BID NO. 106/2020” and placed in the bid box available at just outside the Reception area of Casidra’s Head Office, by the main entrance, located at 22 Louws Avenue, Southern Paarl. No faxed, counter-to-counter courier or posted bids will be accepted.