TENDER NO: 104/2020
AMALIENSTEIN FARM: TURN-AROUND PLAN
Casidra is an implementing agency of the sole shareholder, the Provincial Government of the Western Cape (PGWC). Casidra’s mandate is Agriculture and Economic Development within a Rural and Land Reform context.
Amalienstein is a government farm, managed by Casidra. The intention, when the farm was originally bought, was that it should benefit the community of the village where it is situated, through creating employment and ultimately through some form of ownership. The farm can therefore play a part in land restitution, but only if it is sustainable and viable and a sound model for use and ownership is developed, in order to benefit the communities and improve their lives.
The Unit for Technical Assistance (UTA) needs a service provider to draft a turn-around plan for Amalienstein farm. The farm is situated on the R62 in the Kannaland Municipal area of the Western Cape Province, 20km from Ladismith on the way to Calitzdorp and Oudtshoorn.
The Service Provider must deliver a report and business plan to the UTA covering the following:
- Proposed land use mix of the arable land with the available water as well as the pack shed and other infrastructure for the farm to become a sustainable entity. Currently the farm has a dairy of about 120 cows in milk that is fed off irrigated pastures. Proposals should assess the current crops, its future viability and recommend improvements, indicate if the dairy should be continued or if Lucerne should be marketed. Vegetable seed is cultivated when there is sufficient water. The proposed water utilization should be as follows:
- A high income long term crop for which water will be prioritized. Water should be available throughout droughts. Lemons are proposed.
- A long term crop that can survive or can be easily re-established during droughts. Prickley Pears and lucerne (dairy or marketed) are proposed.
- A short term crop that can be established when water is available. Vegetable Seed is proposed.
All back ground information are available such as water yield and storage, Soil suitability and –classifications, climate data and rainfall. All information will be issued to the successful bidder).
- The evaluation of alternative crops/production systems against climate, soil, water requirements, capital requirements, markets, value adding opportunities, infrastructure requirements.
- Re-planning of the irrigation infrastructure and mechanization based on the proposed crop mix.
- Enterprise budgets
- Financial Plan indicating the investment needed over realistic time frame
- Cashflow projections for the next 10 years
- Marketing plan with a clear indication on the source of input product
- All standard aspects of a business plan must be met
- Spreadsheet with enterprise budgets (clear assumptions use for enterprise budget)
- Spreadsheet with cash flow projections
- Spreadsheet with financial plan
- Business plan:
- Evaluation of alternative enterprises
- Production plan
- Financial plan
- Marketing plan
- Irrigation plan with itemized budget
- Mechanisation plan.
Documents are available at Casidra SOC Ltd, 22 Louws Avenue, Southern Paarl. Documents can also be obtained from Mr Belvin Namoobe via email on email@example.com.
Documents for the purpose of this bid include:
- Conditions to Submit Bid (Form CPBD 2.1 (Lump Sum) or Standard Conditions of Contract can be viewed on the Casidra website at www.Casidra.co.za
- Price Form, Bill of Quantities and Schedules (Form CPBD 3.1 (Lump Sum))
- Scope of Works (Form CPBD 4)
- PPP Evaluation Form (Form CBPD 5.1 (80/20))
- General Requirements (Form CPBD 1.)
In accordance with Casidra’s Preferential Procurement Policy, BEE certified bids will receive preferential scores.
The successful bidder will be required to fill in and sign a Service Level Agreement (CPBD 8).
BID DEADLINE: The closing date for the bid is 30 October 2020 strictly at 12H00.
SUBMISSION OF BIDS
Bids must be submitted in a sealed envelope with the name of the bidder and the inscription “DRAWING UP OF A TRANSFER PROCESS FOR AMALIENSTEIN FARM – BID NO. 103/2020” and placed in the bid box available at just outside the Reception area of Casidra’s Head Office, by the main entrance, located at 22 Louws Avenue, Southern Paarl. No faxed, counter-to-counter courier or posted bids will be accepted.