BITOU SMALL FARMERS: SUPPLY, DELIVERY, SITE PREPARATION AND CONSTRUCTION OF A CORRUGATED RESERVOIR WITH PLASTIC LINING AND CORRUGATED SHEET ROOF AT THE FARM HUYSOORD NEAR PLETTENBERG BAY, WESTERN CAPE.
The works, as described, are part of the Agriculture and Land Reform programme of the Department of Agriculture Western Cape for the Garden Route. The Farm Huysoord B38 is situated near Wittedrift in the Plettenberg Bay area (WC).
The quoted amount will be a lump sum bid to supply, delivery, site preparation and construction of a corrugated reservoir with corrugated sheet roof at the farm Huysoord near Plettenberg Bay, Western Cape.
The bidder must provide labour, tools, transport and material to do the construction required.
The successful bidder must have the capacity to install the items within 30 (thirty) days after appointment.
Conditions that may pose a risk: (Summary of Risk analysis)
(List any risk that the Contractor must be aware of and have precautions in terms of the Occupational Health and Safety Act)
- Staff can slip over- and into excavations;
- Exposure to elements (sun, cold and dusty conditions);
- Injuries due to the wrong usage of tools;
- Back injuries due to lifting heavy objects and digging trenches.
- Contractor must be experienced and knowledgeable for the task and must put all necessary precautions in place to work safely under the above conditions.
The scope of work will be the supply, delivery, site preparation and construction of a lined corrugated reservoir with corrugated sheet roof at the farm Huysoord near Plettenberg Bay, Western Cape.
It will include the following specifications:
- Storing capacity of 50 000 liters or the closest to it that you can supply (specify capacity);
- Minimum wall thickness of 1.2 mm (specify thickness);
- Galvanised or Aluzinc panels (specify);
- Minimum lining thickness of 1000g/m2;
- Must have an overflow and outlet (32 – 40 mm diameter)
- Fitted with a corrugated sheet roof.
No site meeting will be held, but the bidder must ensure that the extent of the work is understood and visit the site if needed before bidding. If the bidders needs to visit the site they must make the necessary arrangements with Azola Ntwashu before visiting (044 873 4186).
Documents can be obtained from Azola Ntwashu via email on email@example.com. or downloaded below:
Documents for the purpose of this bid includes:
- Standard Conditions of Contract can be viewed on the Casidra website at www. Casidra.co.za
- Price Form (Form CBD 3.1 (Lump Sum)
- PPP Evaluation Form (Form CBD 5.1 (80/20)
- Bank Entity Form (Form CBD 7)
- Local Content forms: SBD 6.2 and Annexure C.
In accordance with Casidra’s Preferential Procurement Policy, this bid as further indicated in CBD 5.1 is subject to:
- a functionality compliance test (does the bidder have the skills and experience to do the work);
- B-BBEE certified bids will receive preferential scores;
- Local production and content
This bid include goods from a designated sector (name sector) and only locally produced goods, services or works, or locally manufactured goods with a stipulated minimum threshold for local production and content will be considered. SBD 6.2 and Annexure C must be completed and handed in with this bid.
Tax Compliance is compulsory and must be indicated as compliant on CSD for the principle and all sub-contractors. The bid will be disqualified if the bidder is not tax compliant.
QOUTE DEADLINE: The closing date for the bid is 26 July 2021 strictly at 12H00.
SUBMISSION OF QUOTES
Bids must be submitted in a sealed envelope with the name of the bidder and the inscription “QUOTE BITOU SMALL FARMERS ” and placed in the bid box available at Reception of Casidra’s Regional Office, Bateleur Park, Suite 107, 133 Cradock Street, George. No faxed, counter-to-counter courier, email or posted bids will be accepted. Door to door courier will be accepted and placed by the courier directly into the bid box.
The following documents numbered 1 to 6 must be valid for a period of 60 calendar days after closure of the bid and submitted as a bid packet.
The bid will be disqualified if any of the following COMPULSORY documents is not supplied:
- CBD 1 – as supplied to the bidder (initial each page)
- CBD 3.1 – as supplied to the bidder, fully completed and signed
- Any changes the bidder proposes must be indicated in must be stated in the space provided in CBD 3.1
- Experience: The contact details of at least 3 references where you have done similar work that can confirm the quality of your work, must be stated in the space provided in CBD 3.1
- Any warranty offered must be attached to the page provided in CBD 3.1
- The detail of your site manager must be stated in the space provided in CBD 3.1
- CBD 5.1 – as supplied to the bidder, fully completed and signed :
- Registration on the CSD is compulsory and CSD Supplier Registration numbers must be supplied on CBD 5.1
- A valid Letter of Good Standing (COIDA) must be supplied with the bid package
- Fully completed, stamped and signed Bank Entity Form (Form CBD 7), OR the company banking information is indicated as “verified” on the CSD – (any 1 of the 2);
- SBD 6.2 and Annexure C fully completed and signed
The following document is not compulsory, but no BEE points will be given without a valid document.
- An originally certified copy of the company’s BEE Certificate / original Sworn Affidavit (please see CBD 5.1 which is applicable).
Compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations apply. It is the responsibility of the Contractor to perform all services accordingly.
Take Note: Compliance in terms of the regulations will be strictly enforced and no lenience allowed.
Tenderers to note changes in Health & Safety specification which must take into account COVID 19. Tenderers to allow for provision of additional Health & Safety measures in their bid price.