DPAC ELKU ENTERPRISES: SUPPLY, DELIVERY AND ERECTION OF MOBILE CENTRE PIVOT FOR 3.5HA AND DAM REPAIRWORKS AT ELKU FARM LADISMITH, WESTERN CAPE
The works, as described, are part of the Agriculture and Land Reform programme of the Department of Agriculture Western Cape for the Kannaland. The fam is situated in Ladismith (WC).
The quoted amount will be a lump sum bid of the following components:
- Bid to repair-works of a dam (size: 50m x 60m x 2m) at the Elku Enterprises Farm, Western Cape.
- Bid to erection of mobile centre pivot with 3.5ha) at the Elku Enterprises Farm, Western Cape.
- The bidder must provide labour, tools, transport and material to do the construction and repair works required. Casidra reserves the right to accept parts of the bid items or split bids based upon item prices. The bidder may quote for both but evaluation will be per component required.
Due to the urgency of the items, the successful bidder must have the capacity to start immediately after appointment and complete the works within 21 (twenty one) calendar days.
A retention fee of 10 percent will be released after 30 days after the job being done. The quoted amount will be a lump sum bid.
Conditions that may pose a risk: (Summary of Risk analysis)
(List any risk that the Contractor must be aware of and have precautions in terms of the Occupational Health and Safety Act)
- Staff can slip over- and into excavations;
- Exposure to elements (sun, cold and dusty conditions);
- Injuries due to the wrong usage of tools;
- COVID-19 precautions should be adhered
- Back injuries due to lifting heavy objects and digging trenches.
- Contractor must be experienced and knowledgeable for the task and must put all necessary precautions in place to work safely under the above conditions.
The scope of work will be the supply, delivery, site preparation and construction/ repair work in Ladismith, Western Cape.
SCOPE OF WORK
- DAM CLEANING AND PREPARATION
Clear inside of the dam. This operation shall be deemed to include the digging up and removal of rubbish, debris, vegetation, hedges, shrubs, bush etc. as well as the digging up of top soil and examining for and removal of all dead roots and other vegetable matter likely to provide food for termites.
Remove the top layer and put aside for future use (if required). Import and lay material of similar quality and fill into layer as mentioned below.
- Repair of dam – earthen (approximately 50m x 60m x 2m depth)
- Raise sides to even out level and increase storage
- Repair walls to hold water
- Soil to be compacted at optimum moisture content to ensure proper compaction, if the material is too dry add water and if too wet spread and mix.
- Each layer to be well rammed and thoroughly consolidated to a minimum density of 90% Mod AASHTO.
- Once completed, dam will be pumped full of water to test its water holding capability.
- PIVOT ERECTION OF 3.5HA
It will include the following specifications:
- Erection of mobile center pivot for 3.5ha
3.4 HA SPILPUNT 12MM/DAG
CM50-200 11 KW
110 X 65 ECC REDUCER
100 X 50 CON REDUCER
100MM BUTTERFLY VALVE
110MM PVC REPAIR COUPLING LONG
110MM FIP STUB
100MM BACKING RING
100MM RUBBER PACKING
100MM NON RETURN VALVE
M16 X 140 BOLTS&NUTS
M16 X 50 BOLTS&NUTS
M16 X 120 BOLTS&NUTS
100MM SUPER FILTER
110MM FIP ELBOW
110MM REPAIR COUPLING
110/9 PVC PIPE
110X90 PVC REDUCER
90MM FIP STUB
90MM BACKING RING
80MM RUBBER PACKING
M16 X 65 BOLTS&NUTS
125/6 MPVC PIPE
110X125 PVC RED
125MM FIP TEE
125MM PVC STOP
The bidder must account for other material that may be necessary for the complete erection of the pivot to be included on the full bid amount.
No site meeting will be held, but the bidder must ensure that the extent of the work is understood and visit the site if needed before bidding. If the bidders need to visit the site, they must make the necessary arrangements with Mvuyisi Qotyiwe before visiting (044 873 4186/ 082 560 5448).
All enquiries can be referred to Mr Mvuyisi Qotyiwe at (044) 873 3587 or 082 560 5448.
Documents are available for the bidder to download below:
Documents for the purpose of this bid includes:
- Standard Conditions of Contract can be viewed on the Casidra website at www. Casidra.co.za
- Price Form (Form CBD 3.1 (Lump Sum)
- PPP Evaluation Form (Form CBD 5.1 (80/20)
- Bank Entity Form (Form CBD 7)
- Addendum A ( pivot layout plan)
In accordance with Casidra’s Preferential Procurement Policy, this bid as further indicated in CBD 5.1 is subject to:
- a functionality compliance test (does the bidder have the skills and experience to do the work);
- B-BBEE certified bids will receive preferential scores;
Tax Compliance is compulsory and must be indicated as compliant on CSD for the principle and all sub-contractors. The bid will be disqualified if the bidder is not tax compliant.
QOUTE DEADLINE: The closing date for the bid is 15thof September 2021 strictly at 12H00.
SUBMISSION OF QUOTES
RFQ documents must only be emailed and the below process MUST be followed regarding email submissions:-
- Bids are to be emailed in PDF format.
- Bids are only to be sent to following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bidders to note that the maximum size of mailbox to receive a document is 8Mb. (Only send what is asked for. Do not sent Health & Safety plan for example, as it is not called for in the tender document). Bids above 8MB should be sent via WeTransfer or similar platform. It is the bidder’s responsibility to please confirm receipt of their full bid application.
- Casidra will not be responsible for bidders’ internet connections, mailbox issues, etc.
- The closing date and time is specific and any emailed bids past the submission date will then be considered as late bids. Bidders should therefore submit bid documents timeously to allow for the delivery time lag of emails.
- Bids must be emailed with following title inscription “DPAC ELKU ENTERPRISES: WORKS AT ELKU FARM LADISMITH.
No faxed, counter-to-counter courier or posted bids will be accepted.
The following documents numbered 1 to 6 must be valid for a period of 60 calendar days after closure of the bid and submitted as a bid packet.
The bid will be disqualified if any of the following COMPULSORY documents is not supplied:
- CBD 1 – as supplied to the bidder (initial each page)
- CBD 3.1 – as supplied to the bidder, fully completed and signed
- Any changes the bidder proposes must be indicated in must be stated in the space provided in CBD 3.1
- Experience: The contact details of at least 3 references where you have done similar work that can confirm the quality of your work, must be stated in the space provided in CBD 3.1
- Proof of 6 months warranty offered must be attached to the page provided in CBD 3.1.
- The detail of your site manager must be stated in the space provided in CBD 3.1
- CBD 5.1 – as supplied to the bidder, fully completed and signed:
- Registration on the CSD is compulsory and CSD Supplier Registration numbers must be supplied on CBD 5.1
- A valid Letter of Good Standing (COIDA) must be supplied with the bid package
- Fully completed, stamped and signed Bank Entity Form (Form CBD 7), OR the company banking information is indicated as “verified” on the CSD – (any 1 of the 2);
The following document is not compulsory, but no BEE points will be given without a valid document.
An originally certified copy of the company’s BEE Certificate / original Sworn Affidavit (please see CBD 5.1 which is applicable).