BID NO: (Re-advert 27/2020)
BERGVALLEI BOERDERY – DRILLING OF BOREHOLE
The works, as described, is part of the Agriculture and Land Reform programme of the Department of Agriculture Western Cape. The project is situated at Bergvallei Boerdery situated in Piketberg in Western Cape.
The quoted amount will be a measured bid and must include labour and machinery. As the works are urgent, the successful bidder must have the capacity to start the works within 7 (seven) days of appointment and complete the work within 7 (seven) days.
The Contractor must have his own drill rig and have adequate experience in the use thereof.
Conditions that may pose a risk: ( Summary of Risk analysis)
Drilling on the site is therefore expected to intersect shallow groundwater in this zone, before going into hard rock lower down. The Contractor must put all necessary precautions in place to work under these conditions.
The scope of works will include:
The drilling of a maximum 180 metre deep borehole
Documents are available at Casidra SOC Ltd, 22 Louws Avenue, Southern Paarl. Documents can also be obtained from Mr Y Ndongeni via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Documents for the purpose of this bid include:
- Conditions to Submit Bid (Form CBD 2.1 (Lump Sum)) or Standard Conditions of Contract can be viewed on the Casidra website at www. Casidra.co.za
- Price Form, Bill of Quantities and Schedules (Form CBD 3.1 (Lump Sum)
- Scope of Works (Form CBD 4)
- PPP Evaluation Form (Form CBD 5.1 (80/20)
- Bank Entity Form (Form CBD 7), unless the banking details of the company indicate “verified” on the Central Supplier Database (CSD).
- Registration on the CSD for all suppliers is compulsory and registration numbers must be supplied.
- GEOSS Survey report
- For Construction works – Occupational Health and Safety Risk assessment and Specifications according to Construction Reg. 5 (b)
In accordance with Casidra’s Preferential Procurement Policy, this bid as further indicated in CBD 5.1 is subject to:
- a functionality compliance test;
- B-BBEE certified bids will receive preferential scores;
The successful bidder will be required to fill in and sign a written Contract Form (CBD 8). Included are a penalty clause of R 150/calendar day that apply for late completion of works and a 0% retention fee for 0 months not bearing interest.
BID DEADLINE: The closing date for the bid is 29 July 2020 strictly at 12H00.
SUBMISSION OF BIDS
Bids must be submitted in a sealed envelope with the name of the bidder and the inscription “BERGVALLIE BOERDERY – DRILLING OF BOREHOLE– BID NO. (Re-advert 27/2020)” and placed in the bid box available at Reception of Casidra’s Head Office, 22 Louws Avenue, Southern Paarl. No faxed, counter-to-counter courier or posted bids will be accepted.
Due to COVID 19 tenderers can also make use of emailing their tender document if they do not want to deliver tenders manually. The below process MUST be followed regarding email submissions:-
- Bids are to be emailed in PdF format.
- Bids are only to be sent to following email address: email@example.com
- Bidders must ensure that receipt of their email bid is followed up telephonically with Mr Nyaniso Tsama via his cell number: 082 3067 998
- Bidders to note that the maximum size of mailbox to receive a document is 6 Mb. (Only send what is asked for. Do not sent Health & Safety plan for example, as it is not called for in the tender document)
- Bidders to submit bid documents timeously and not 10 minutes before the tender closes. Casidra will not be responsible for bidders internet connections, mailbox issues, etc.
- The closing date and time is specific and any emailed bids past the submission date will then be considered as late bids.
- Bids must be emailed with following title inscription “BERGVALLIE BOERDERY – DRILLING OF BOREHOLE– BID NO.(Re-advert 27/2020)”
CONDITION OF AWARD
- BEE certificate copies will be accepted for emailed tenders. Upon submission of the approved order to the successful bidder, an original certificate must be delivered to Casidra for the order to be valid. Failure to do so will result in the cancellation of the order. The following will also apply for BEE certificates submitted with manually delivered tender documents so as to facilitate fairness in the tender process.