BID NO: 45/2020
HOL RIVER CANAL STOCK WATERING SYSTEM: DROUGHT RELIEF FUNDS DOA
The works, as described, are part of the Drought Relief Funds from the Department of Agriculture to provide water for stock from the canal system in Vredendal. The quoted amount will be a lump sum bid and must include labour and any machinery as required. The successful bidder must have the capacity to start the works within 7 (seven) days of appointment and complete the work within 60 (sixty) days.
Conditions that may pose a risk: (Summary of Risk analysis)
Dry, hot and potentially windy conditions in sloped and hilly areas. High temperatures during summer months. Uneven ground conditions – slips and dust. Sandy ground conditions can be expected and the construction site is situated on a slope. Works to be carried adjacent to a canal system so water is a potential hazard to be taken into account. Access is limited and only via sand and gravel roads. Security for materials and equipment must be supplied. The Contractor must put all necessary precautions in place to work under these conditions and prepare the site with the correct falls.
The scope of works will include:
- Supply of all materials and equipment as required for the construction and erection of the stock watering system as per the list included in this tender document.
- Setup of the first 3000m of the system including the construction of the holding tank as per the supplied design and according to LORWUA Specs.
- Building of concrete bases/foundations for up to 12 X 10 000L water tanks above the railway line.
- Supply and install solar pump, solar panels and control box and provide a functionality test of the system.
- Supply and install mountings and frameworks for the solar panels and water pump.
- Supply of all facilities as needed for the works.
- Supply, mix and placement of sand, stone and cement for concrete as required.
- Transport of materials to the required site.
Documents for the purpose of this bid include:
- Conditions to Submit Bid (Form CBD 2.1 (Lump Sum))
- Price Form, Bill of Quantities and Schedules (Form CBD 3.1 (Lump Sum))
- Scope of Works (Form CBD 4)
- PPP Evaluation Form (Form CBD 5.1 (80/20)
- Bank Entity Form (Form CBD 7), unless the banking details of the company indicate “verified” on the Central Supplier Database (CSD).
- Registration on the CSD for all suppliers is compulsory and registration numbers must be supplied.
- Drawings – Materials Table; Sketch A Basic Site Layout; Sketch B Recommended Route for Pipeline; Sketch C Site Lay Out & Detail; Sketch D Foundation Spec.
- Map of Access Roads to Site
- For Construction works – Occupational Health and Safety Risk assessment and Specifications according to Construction Reg. 5 (b)
In accordance with Casidra’s Preferential Procurement Policy, this bid as further indicated in CBD 5.1 is subject to:
- a functionality compliance test;
- B-BBEE certified bids will receive preferential scores;
- Local production and content
This bid include goods from a designated sector (name sector) STEEL PRODUCTS AND COMPONENTS; VALVES, ACTUATORS, TAPS and STOP COCKS and only locally produced goods, services or works, or locally manufactured goods with a stipulated minimum threshold for local production and content will be considered. SBD 6.2 and Annex C, D and E documentation apply and must be completed and handed in with this bid.
For Construction works above the value of R200 000 – Tenderers must have a CIDB contractor grading designation of GB or higher.
The successful bidder will be required to fill in and sign a written Contract Form (CBD 8). Included are a penalty clause of R 500/calendar day that apply for late completion of works and a 10% retention fee for 3 months not bearing interest.
A compulsory site meeting cannot be held at this time due to COVID 19 restrictions.
BID DEADLINE: The closing date for the bid is 09 July 2020 strictly at 12H00.
SUBMISSION OF BIDS
Bids must be submitted in a sealed envelope with the name of the bidder and the inscription “RE-ADVERTISEMENT – HOL RIVER CANAL STOCK WATERING SYSTEM PROJECT: Drought Relief Funds DOA – BID NO 45/2020” and placed in the bid box available at Reception of Casidra’s Head Office, 22 Louws Avenue, Southern Paarl. No faxed, counter-to-counter courier or posted bids will be accepted.
Due to COVID 19 tenderers can also make use of emailing their tender document if they do not want to deliver tenders manually. The below process MUST be followed regarding email submissions:-
- Bids are to be emailed in PDF format.
- Bids are only to be sent to following email address: email@example.com
- Bidders must ensure that receipt of their email bid is followed up telephonically with Mr Nyaniso Tsama via his cell number: 082 3067 998
- Bidders to note that the maximum size of mailbox to receive a document is 6 Mb. (Only send what is asked for. Do not send Health & Safety specifications for example, as it is not called for in the tender document)
- Bidders to submit bid documents timeously and not 10 minutes before the tender closes. Casidra will not be responsible for bidder’s internet connections, mailbox issues, etc.
- The closing date and time is specific and any emailed bids past the submission date will then be considered as late bids.
- Bids must be emailed with following title inscription / Subject Line “RE-ADVERTISEMENT – HOL RIVER CANAL STOCK WATERING SYSTEM PROJECT: Drought Relief Funds DOA – BID NO 45/2020”
CONDITION OF AWARD
- BEE certificate copies will be accepted for emailed tenders. Upon submission of the approved order to the successful bidder, an original certificate must be delivered to Casidra for the order to be valid. Failure to do so will result in the cancellation of the order.
The following will also apply for BEE certificates submitted with manually delivered tender documents so as to facilitate fairness in the tender process.