BID NO: 40/2021 – EBENHAEZER: INSURANCE OF THE BULK WATER SYSTEM AND ASSOCIATED STRUCTURES IN THE COMMUNITY OF EBENHAEZER, WESTERN CAPE
This document is not for sale. Any entity that requests payment must be reported at the contact person indicated in this tender.
A community of Ebenhaezer [31°35’18.7″S; 18°14’33.6″E] has benefitted from the installation of a bulk water system. This bulk water system requires appropriate insurance. This needs to sufficiently cover the scope mentioned in this bid document. The owner of this infrastructure is the Ebenhaeser Community Property Association (CPA). The successful bidder must have the capacity to immediately insure the facility on appointment.
Conditions that may pose a risk: (Summary of Risk analysis)
The bidder must have in place the capacity to legally and adequately insure the facility mentioned on the scope of this bid document.
The scope of the insurance includes:
- The contents of the pump station, which includes three pumps as well as electrical panels. Value: R 2 775 638.23.
- The pump station structure. Value: R 1 076 469.48. The building is locked when there is no-one on duty at the pump station.
- The gravity dam and the inlet and outlet works. Value: R 4 996 922.67. The water is pumped to the gravity dam from the storage dam, therefore, there is no risk of damage as a result of flooding.
- The storage dam with the associated structures. Value: R 5 000 000.00. The storage dam is filled from the Olifants River canal, which distributed water in a controlled manner. Therefore, the risk of overflow as a result of flooding is minimal.
- The clusters (excl. no. 13 and 22), total of 39 clusters. Value: R 26 970 752.25. The clusters have locks on them, which make them inaccessible without brute force.
These clusters have the following:
- 80mm diameter thrust bearing flange adaptor with s/s 316 tie bars. (x1)
- 80mm diameter custom s/s 316 pipe piece. (x1)
- 80mm diameter AVK resilient seal gate valve with hand wheel. (x3)
- 80mm diameter Bermad strainer. (x1)
- 80mm diameter Bermad Control Valve (Pressure Reducing). (x1)
- 80mm diameter cross piece with nozzle for pressure probe. (x1)
- 80mm diameter flanged T-Piece. (x1)
- 80mm diameter 90 degree flanged medium radius bend. (x2)
- 80mm diameter Bermad Hydrometer. (x4)
- 80mm diameter AVK Resilient Seal Gate Valve. (x4)
- 80mm diameter flange adaptor. (x1)
- 80mm diameter distance piece. (x4)
- 80mm diameter blank flange. (x4)
- 80mm diameter puddle pipe (s/s 316). (x4)
- Cluster 13 and 22, total of two clusters. Value: R 1 546 011.92. The clusters have locks on them, which make them inaccessible without brute force.
- An amount of R 500 000.00 per pipe burst/leak on the bulk water mainline.
- An amount of R 100 000.00 per pipe burst on the 110mm and 90mm diameter lines (there is approximately 53 000 m of this pipeline of 110mm and 90mm diameter pipelines laid).
Photos of the infrastructure can be seen with the following link:
The different aspects of the above-mentioned items that need to be insured:
- Insurance against damage to the infrastructure as mentioned – from natural causes, natural fire, arson, theft, negligence, vandalism, etc.
- Insurance against public liability if any person were to get injured as a result of the above-mentioned infrastructure. This includes drowning, damage/injury as a result of failure of structures, damage/injury as a result of burst water pipes, etc. This cover should include incidents that occur as a result of negligence on behalf of the owner of the infrastructure.
Documents are available from Casidra SOC Ltd via email on email@example.com.
All technical enquiries can also be referred to Michael Pienaar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Documents for the purpose of this bid include:
- Conditions to Submit Bid (Form CBD 2.1 (Lump Sum)
- Price Form, Bill of Quantities and Schedules (Form CBD 3.1 (Lump Sum))
- Scope of Works (Form CBD 4)
- PPP Evaluation Form (Form CBD 5.1 (80/20))
- Bank Entity Form (Form CBD 7), unless the banking details of the company indicate “verified” on the Central Supplier Database (CSD).
- Registration on the CSD for all suppliers is compulsory and registration numbers must be supplied.
In accordance with Casidra’s Preferential Procurement Policy, this bid as further indicated in CBD 5.1 is subject to:
- a functionality compliance test;
- B-BBEE certified bids will receive preferential scores;
The successful bidder will be required to fill in and sign a written Contract Form (CBD 8) for the insurance of the Ebenhaezer Bulk water system and associated structures.
BID DEADLINE: The closing date for the bid is 30 July 2021 strictly at 12H00.
SUBMISSION OF BIDS
Bids must be submitted in a sealed envelope with the name of the bidder and the inscription “INSURANCE OF THE BULK WATER SYSTEM AND ASSOCIATED STRUCTURES IN THE COMMUNITY OF EBENHAEZER, WESTERN CAPE – BID NO. …/2021” and placed in the bid box available at Reception of Casidra’s Head Office, 22 Louws Avenue, Southern Paarl. No faxed, emailed, counter-to-counter courier or posted bids will be accepted.
The following documents (including fully completed and signed CBD forms numbered 1 to 7 as supplied) must be valid for a period of 90 calendar days after closure of the bid and submitted as a bid packet:
Conditions to submit bid
Price form (lump sum)
CBD 3.1 Experience
Proof of previous work and contact details of three work-related references that are qualified to comment on work.
CBD 3.1 Rates
Unit rates for the works on the forms as supplied
CBD 3.1 Changes
Indication if any changes are proposed in scope of works and cost implication.
Scope of works
CBD 5.1 (80/20)
PPP Evaluation form
Bank Entity form (Not needed if “verified” on CSD)
Complete, bank stamp
TCC of principle and sub-contractors
Registration and verification of Tax Clearance on CSD.
B-BBEE Certificate or Sworn Affidavit (as applicable, see CBD 5 for detail)
Original affidavit or certified copy certificate/Valid/not compulsory
Detailed company profile including the core competencies of personnel and subcontractors
Letter of good standing of the Contractor in terms of COIDA
Proof of a license to conduct insurance business in South Africa with the Financial Sector Conduct Authority (FSCA).