BID NO: 271/2019 (RE-INVITE)
WEST COAST BOREHOLE PROJECT – HOPEFIELD SMALL FARMERS SUPPLY & INSTALLATION OF A SOLAR PUMP SYSTEM, PIPELINES AND STORAGE TANKS
The works, as described, is part of the Working for West Coast Borehole Project for the small farms situated in Hopefield, Western Cape.
The successful bidder must have the capacity to start the works within 14 (fourteen) days of appointment and complete the work within 60 (sixty) calendar days.
Conditions that may pose a risk: (Summary of Risk analysis)
Extreme temperatures and high winds might be experienced and works will occur up to a height of 5.7 metres. The Contractor must have all the necessary equipment and qualified personnel to execute these tasks. The contractor should also be aware that the soil in this area is sandy, and that the necessary safety regulations need to apply to all excavations. Also, due to the Covid- 19 pandemic, the contractor is to ensure that the protocols on site are in line with the most recent national regulations regarding health and safety in the workplace. The Contractor must put all necessary precautions in place to work under these conditions and prepare the site with the correct falls.
The scope of works will include:
- Supply and installation of a solar pump systems.
- Supply and installation of pipelines.
- Supply and connection of storage tanks.
- Construction of concrete slabs for the storage tanks.
Documents are available from Casidra SOC Ltd via email on email@example.com.
Documents for the purpose of this bid include:
- Conditions to Submit Bid (Form CBD 2.1 (Lump Sum))
- Price Form, Bill of Quantities and Schedules (Form CBD 3.1 (Lump Sum))
- Scope of Works (Form CBD 4)
- PPP Evaluation Form (Form CBD 5.1 (80/20))
- Local Content (Form SBD 6.2 and Annexure C-D-E)
- Bank Entity Form (Form CBD 7), unless the banking details of the company indicate “verified” on the Central Supplier Database (CSD).
- Registration on the CSD for all suppliers is compulsory and registration numbers must be supplied.
- Map of Access Roads to Site
- For Construction works – Occupational Health and Safety Risk assessment and Specifications according to Construction Reg. 5 (b)
In accordance with Casidra’s Preferential Procurement Policy, this bid as further indicated in CBD 5.1 is subject to:
- a functionality compliance test;
- B-BBEE certified bids will receive preferential scores;
- Local production and content
This bid includes steel products, valves as well as solar photovoltaic components and only locally produced goods, services or works, or locally manufactured goods with a stipulated minimum threshold for local production and content will be considered. SBD 6.2 and Annex C, D and E documentation apply and must be completed and handed in with this bid.
The successful bidder will be required to fill in and sign a written Contract Form (CBD 8). Included are a penalty clause of R 1000.00/calendar day that apply for late completion of works and a 10% retention fee for 3 months not bearing interest.
BID DEADLINE: The closing date for the bid is 30 November 2020 strictly at 12H00.
SUBMISSION OF BIDS
Bids must be submitted in a sealed envelope with the name of the bidder and the inscription “WEST COAST BOREHOLE PROJECT – HOPEFIELD SMALL FARMERS SUPPLY & INSTALLATION OF A SOLAR PUMP SYSTEM, PIPELINES AND STORAGE TANKS – BID NO. 271/2019 (RE-INVITE)” and placed in the bid box available at Reception of Casidra’s Head Office, 22 Louws Avenue, Southern Paarl. No faxed, emailed, counter-to-counter courier or posted bids will be accepted.