BID NO: 243/2019 A FRAMEWORK AGREEMENT TO SUPPLY A MONITORING AND EVALUATION FUNCTION TO CASIDRA FOR THE WESTERN CAPE DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE FOR THE CASP AND ILIMA INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECTS
The works, as described, requires the services of professional service providers in the categories of skills and knowledge as specified below. This assignment will be in terms of a framework agreement entered into and a service level agreement will be signed with the service provider for a period of 3 years. The client will be Casidra, the implementing entity for the Western Cape Department of Agriculture for their grant funding assistance to Black smallholder farmers in the CASP and Ilima infrastructure projects.
The categories of services required are:
- Engineering and architectural – light, on farm construction works and buildings. Sign off on structural integrity of roof construction.
- Irrigation – quality of installation, materials and system performance.
- Practical knowledge of the agriculture and commodities of the Western Cape on:
- Farm equipment, irrigation, fencing, tractors and vehicles;
- Livestock infrastructure including aquaculture, poultry, dairy, piggery
- General agricultural productions inputs and goods and services.
The scope of works includes the following:
- Independent verification at critical milestones in the Supply Chain Management process by conducting site visits to projects with a view to verify and confirm deliverables in terms of quality and specifications.
- On average 2 (two) visits per project are envisaged during the verification period
- To ensure compliance to industry norms and standards pertaining to value for money for agricultural infrastructure projects.
- Compile individual reports on findings within 7 (seven) days of the farm visit to the Chief Officer: Technical, to be submitted via the Unit for Technical Assistance (UTA).
- Advise Casidra on areas that may require further attention on each evaluated project.
- This service will be conducted over the whole of the Western Cape and service providers will be expected to have a reach in all districts of the province.
- Casidra will supply the list of projects that need verification.
Proof of Concept
In order to achieve the above, the service provider must develop a proof of concept that will include but not limited to the following:
- Key indicators that will be used in the evaluation
- Programme evaluation methodology
- Instruments for data collection
- Analytic framework
- Casidra will supply the list and contact details of projects that need verification.
Qualification and Expertise Required
- The company management must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in programme monitoring and evaluation
- Three (3) contactable references from the previous or current organisations must be provided
- The prospective service provider must provide evidence that they have appropriate expertise in programme monitoring and evaluation, project management and agricultural expertise.
- A postgraduate qualification in Monitoring and evaluation methodologies must be submitted with the tender
- Registration with the relevant professional body will be an added advantage.
- A Project Management qualification is a must.
- A summary of qualification and experience must be presented
- The quote should be in Rand/Hour unit i.e. travelling costs, rates for the different experts on the project.
- The bidder must demonstrate access to or ownership of equipment needed to execute the assignment
- The bid proposal submitted must include a detailed project plan.
- Summary of the deliverables must be included and illustrated on a GANTT indicating the duration of the assignment
Documents are available at Casidra SOC Ltd, 22 Louws Avenue, Southern Paarl. Documents can also be obtained from Mr Belvin Namoobe via email on email@example.com.
Documents for the purpose of this bid include:
- Conditions to Submit Bid (Form CPBD 2 (Measured)) or Standard Conditions of Contract can be viewed on the Casidra website at www. Casidra.co.za
- Price Form, Bill of Quantities and Schedules (Form CPBD 2 (Measured))
- Scope of Works (Form CPBD 4)
- PPP Evaluation Form (Form CBD 5.1 (80/20)
- Bank Entity Form (Form CBD 7), unless the company banking information indicates “verified” on the CSD.
In accordance with Casidra’s Preferential Procurement Policy, BEE certified bids will receive preferential scores.
The successful bidder will be required to fill in and sign a Service Level Agreement (CPBD 8).
BID DEADLINE: The closing date for the bid is 28 February 2020 strictly at 12H00.
Bids must be submitted in a sealed envelope with the name of the bidder and the inscription “A FRAMEWORK AGREEMENT TO SUPPLY A MONITORING AND EVALUATION FUNCTION TO CASIDRA FOR THE WESTERN CAPE DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE FOR THE CASP AND ILIMA INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECTS– BID NO. 243/2019” and placed in the bid box available at Reception of Casidra’s Head Office, 22 Louws Avenue, Southern Paarl. No faxed, counter-to-counter courier or posted bids will be accepted.