BID NO: 237/2019 WORCESTER: TRUEVINE GRAPESEED PROJECT: CONSTRUCTION OF A SECURITY FENCE
The works as described is required on location, situated approximately 3 kilometres outside Worcester towards De Doorns. The quoted amount will be a lump sum bid and must include labour and machinery. As the works are emergency repairs, the successful bidder must have the capacity to start the works within 7 (seven) days of appointment.
Conditions that may pose a risk:
The ground conditions are very rocky at places and the contractor is to supply own storage facilities and security. The site is situated right alongside the N1 and access to the premises could be a problem. The Contractor must put all necessary precautions in place to work under these conditions.
The scope of works will include:
- The supply and installation of a 2100mm high security fence.
Documents can be obtained from Mr A.J. Otto via email on email@example.com.
Documents for the purpose of this bid include:
- Conditions to Submit Bid (Form CBD 2.1 (Lump Sum)
- Price Form, Bill of Quantities and Schedules (Form CBD 3.1 (Lump Sum))
- Scope of Works (Form CBD 4)
- PPP Evaluation Form (Form CBD 5.1 (80/20))
- Bank Entity Form (Form CBD 7), unless the banking details of the company indicate “verified” on the Central Supplier Database (CSD).
- Registration on the CSD for all suppliers is compulsory and registration numbers must be supplied.
- Drawings: “Sketch A”
- For Construction works – Occupational Health and Safety Risk assessment and Specifications according to Construction Reg. 5 (b)
In accordance with Casidra’s Preferential Procurement Policy, this bid as further indicated in CBD 5.1 is subject to:
- B-BBEE certified bids will receive preferential scores;
- Local production and content
This bid include goods from a designated sector “Steel products and components for construction” and only locally produced goods, services or works, or locally manufactured goods with a stipulated minimum threshold for local production and content will be considered. SBD 6.2 and Annex C, D and E documentation apply and must be completed and handed in with this bid.
For Construction works above the value of R500 000 – Tenderers must have a CIDB contractor grading designation of 2GB or 2SQ or higher.
The successful bidder will be required to fill in and sign a written Contract Form (CBD 8). Included are a penalty clause of R 1 000.00-/calendar day that apply for late completion of works and a 10% retention fee for 3 months not bearing interest.
BID DEADLINE: The closing date for the bid is 26 FEBRUARY 2020 strictly at 12H00.
Bids must be submitted in a sealed envelope with the name of the bidder and the inscription “CONSTRUCTION OF A SECURITY FENCE – BID NO. 237/2019” and placed in the bid box available at Reception of Casidra’s Head Office, 22 Louws Avenue, Southern Paarl. No faxed, counter-to-counter courier, email or posted bids will be accepted.