LITTLE KAROO : INSTALLATION OF WATER TANKS
This document is not for sale. Any entity that requests payment must be reported at the contact person indicated in this tender.
The works, as described, are part of the Agriculture and Land Reform programme for the Little Karoo Area. The sites are situated in Haarlem and Uniondale in the Western Cape Province.
A water harvesting system must be installed connecting the gutters to the water tanks and the bidder must provide labour, transportation of water tanks from the storage place to the houses and tools to do the construction required. Material will be supplied by Casidra. The quoted amount will be a lump sum bid. A retention fee of 10 percent will be released after 30 days after the job being done.
Conditions that may pose a risk: (Summary of Risk analysis)
- Staff can slip over- and into excavations;
- Working on heights – gutters must be affixed to houses;
- Exposure to elements (sun, cold and dusty conditions);
- Injuries due to the wrong usage of tools;
- Back injuries due to lifting heavy objects and digging trenches.
- Contractor must be experienced and knowledgeable for the task and must put all necessary precautions in place to work safely under the above conditions.
The scope of works will include:
- Put in fascia board against the wall;
- Gutter Brackets every 500mm and screw all gutter brackets;
- Install new gutters to the maximum 12m and connect gutter outlets and stop ends with PVC glue;
- Install the down pipes vertically against the wall of the house with bends;
- Stop ends on both sides of the gutters;
- Build the slab against the wall with face brick 1.5m x 1.5m with 400mm in high;
- Compact the slab with soil and make a toping with cement and sand;
- Install 2 500L water tank;
- Connect tank to each house;
- Connect taps to the tanks to each house;
- Install two (2) 15mm hock bolts in brick slab;
- Anchor the tanks to the slabs with 3.15mm wire;
- No payment will be done during the construction process;
- Construction of the job will be done after the inspection have been done by
- Install water tanks as indicated in figure 1;
No site meeting will be held, but the bidder must ensure that the extent of the work is understood and visit the site if needed before bidding. If the bidders needs to visit the site they must make the necessary arrangements with Nwabisa Bacela before visiting (044 873 4186).
Documents can be obtained from Nwabisa Bacela via email on email@example.com.
Documents for the purpose of this bid includes:
- Standard Conditions of Contract can be viewed on the Casidra website at www. Casidra.co.za
- Price Form (Form CBD 3.1 (Lump Sum)
- PPP Evaluation Form (Form CBD 5.1 (80/20)
- Bank Entity Form (Form CBD 7)
- Registration on the CSD for all suppliers is compulsory and registration numbers must be supplied
- Suppliers must be Tax compliant.
- Letter of Good Standing (COIDA) (Must be submitted)
- Contactable references of previous work (Must be submitted)
In accordance with Casidra’s Preferential Procurement Policy, this bid as further indicated in CBD 5.1 is subject to:
- a functionality compliance test (does the bidder have the skills and experience to do the work);
- B-BBEE certified bids will receive preferential scores;
Tax Compliance is compulsory and must be indicated as compliant on CSD for the principle and all sub-contractors. The bid will be disqualified if the bidder is not tax compliant.
BID DEADLINE: The closing date for the bid is 04 March 2021 strictly at 12H00.
SUBMISSION OF BIDS
Bids MUST be submitted in a sealed envelope with the name of the bidder and the inscription “BID NO 2020/170.” and placed in the bid box available at Reception of Casidra’s Regional Office, Bateleur Park, Suite 107, 133 Cradock Street, George. No faxed, counter-to-counter courier, email or posted bids will be accepted.
The following documents numbered 1 to 11 must be valid for a period of 60 calendar days after closure of the bid and submitted as a bid packet (The bid will be disqualified if any of the compulsory documents is not supplied):
Bidders may quote on one or more areas, though each bid per area will be evaluated individually.
The bid will be disqualified if any of the following COMPULSORY documents is not supplied:
- CBD 1 – as supplied to the bidder (bidder to initial each page)
- CBD 3.1 – as supplied to the bidder, fully completed and signed
- The contact details of at least 3 references where you have done similar work that can confirm the quality of your work, must be stated in the space provided in CBD 3.1
- The detail of your site manager must be stated in the space provided in CBD 3.1
- CBD 5.1 – as supplied to the bidder, fully completed and signed :
- Registration on the CSD is compulsory and CSD Supplier Registration numbers must be supplied on CBD 5.1
- A valid Letter of Good Standing (COIDA) must be supplied with the bid package
- Fully completed, stamped and signed Bank Entity Form (Form CBD 7), OR the company banking information is indicated as “verified” on the CSD – (any 1 of the 2);
The following document is not compulsory
- An originally certified copy of the company’s BEE Certificate / original Sworn Affidavit (please see CBD 5.1 which is applicable). This is not compulsory, but no BEE points will be given without a valid document. If a bid is emailed BEE certificate/ Sworn Affidavit copies will be accepted for preliminary evaluation, but an original certificate / sworn affidavit must be delivered to Casidra Regional Office in George or posted to PO Box 9246 George 6530, to reach Casidra before the closing of this bid. An order will not be issued before receipt of the original document.