FREEHEIM EGGS: SUPPLY AND DELIVERY OF POINT OF LAY CHICKENS
This document is not for sale. Any entity that requests payment must be reported at the contact person indicated in this tender.
Procuring the chickens is part of the Agriculture and Land Reform programme for the Garden Route. The delivery site is situated in Friemersheim in the Western Cape Province. Friemersheim is 49 km from George, 36 km from Mossel Bay and 414 km from Cape Town International Airport.
The bidder must supply and deliver the chickens to site. The quoted amount will be a lump sum bid for 2600 chickens, but if the budget is insufficient the number of chickens could change and the amount quoted per chicken plus delivery will then be paid.
- The bidder must be a recognised supplier of Point of Lay Chickens registered with the South African Poultry Association or the bidder must supply written proof from a registered supplier that the chickens will be supplied by the latter who will guarantee the quality of the chickens;
- All inoculations and health protocols must adhered to by the supplier;
- Supplier must be situated within a radius of 500 km from Friemersheim.
The list of items will include:
- 2600 Point of Lay Lohman White Chickens;
- Delivery and offloading on site.
Bid documents can be obtained from Bernice Gouws via email on email@example.com.
Documents for the purpose of this bid includes:
- Standard Conditions of Contract can be viewed on the Casidra website at www. Casidra.co.za
- Price Form (Form CBD 3.1 (Lump Sum)
- PPP Evaluation Form (Form CBD 5.1 (80/20)
- Bank Entity Form (Form CBD 7)
In accordance with Casidra’s Preferential Procurement Policy, this bid as further indicated in CBD 5.1 is subject to:
- B-BBEE certified bids will receive preferential scores;
- Tax Compliance is compulsory and must be indicated as compliant on CSD for the principle and all sub-contractors. The bid will be disqualified if the bidder is not tax compliant.
BID DEADLINE: The closing date for the bid is 12 January 2021 strictly at 12H00.
SUBMISSION OF BIDS
Bidders can email their bid documents, but must supply an original or originally certified BEE certificate / Sworn Affidavit as indicated in CBD 5.1 to be awarded points. The certificate can be hand delivered or per courier to the Casidra’s Regional Office, Bateleur Park, Suite 107, 133 Cradock Street, George to reach the office before the closing date of this tender. No BEE points will be given if an original or originally certified BEE certificate / Sworn Affidavit is not provided before the closing time.
The below process MUST be followed regarding email submissions:-
Bids smaller than 4MB can be emailed to Bernice Gouws at firstname.lastname@example.org in PDF format. For bids larger than 4MB please use platforms such as wetransfer.com or free.mailbigfile.com. Bids must be emailed with following title inscription “FREEHEIM EGGS: BID NO. 2020/145”
- The bidder must ensure that the bid was received by confirming delivery via return email or telephonically at 044 873 3587.
- Only send what is asked for.
- Bidders to submit bid documents timeously and not minutes before the tender closes. Casidra will not be responsible for bidders’ internet connections, mailbox issues, etc.
- The closing date and time is specific and any emailed bids past the submission date will then be considered as late bids.
The following documents numbered 1 to 6 must be valid for a period of 60 calendar days after closure of the bid and submitted as a bid packet.
The bid will be disqualified if any of the following COMPULSORY documents is not supplied:
- CBD 1 – as supplied to the bidder
- CBD 3.1 – as supplied to the bidder, fully completed and signed
- CBD 5.1 – as supplied to the bidder, fully completed and signed :
- Registration on the CSD is compulsory and CSD Supplier Registration numbers must be supplied on CBD 5.1
- Fully completed, stamped and signed Bank Entity Form (Form CBD 7), OR the company banking information is indicated as “verified” on the CSD – (any 1 of the 2);
- Written proof that chickens will be supplied by a supplier registered with the South African Poultry Association.
- Confirmation on where the supplier is situated.
The following document is not compulsory, but no BEE points will be given without a valid document:
- An originally certified copy of the company’s BEE Certificate / original Sworn Affidavit (please see CBD 5.1 which is applicable) to be couriered or delivered to Casidra Regional Office in George, to reach Casidra before the closing of this bid.
Compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations apply. It is the responsibility of the Contractor to perform all services accordingly.
Take Note: Compliance in terms of the regulations will be strictly enforced and no lenience allowed.
Tenderers to note changes in Health & Safety specification which must take into account COVID 19. Tenderers to allow for provision of additional Health & Safety measures in their bid price.