BID NO: 112/2019 (RE-ADVERTISEMENT) LANDCARE FIRE BREAKS OVERBERG: ALIEN CLEARING AT GREYTON NATURE RESERVE
The works, as described, are part of the Western Cape Department of Agriculture’s LandCare Drought Relief fund. LandCare in collaboration with the Greater Overberg Fire Protection Association (goFPA) invites contractors to tender for the implementation of fire risk reduction interventions that is firebreaks.
The work involves creating and maintaining Firebreaks in the Theewaterskloof, Overberg area specifically the Greyton Nature Reserve over an area of 350 metres long. Specific strategic firebreak locations have been mapped and the ground verified in conjunction with goFPA and respective landowners, (most are already in place). The areas to be cleared will consist of mountain fynbos vegetation.
Conditions that may pose a risk: (Summary of Risk analysis)
The removal of invasive alien vegetation from the environmentally sensitive areas is specialized work that requires competent human resources that are adequately skilled in working with dangerous machinery in undulating mountainous terrain. Contractor to be aware of snakes in the area and working in high temperatures. Security for materials and equipment must be supplied. The Contractor must put all necessary precautions in place to work under these conditions.
Quotations and proposals are hereby invited from suitably qualified Invasive Alien Vegetation Clearing Contractors. The Contractor must have capacity on site on a daily basis and have a physically fit team of 12 people (see CBD 4 of this BID). The work will be allocated to Contractors as per successful tender. These contractors must be compliant in terms of tax, COIDA, UIF and Public Liability Insurance etc.
This is a Lump Sum Bid and the quote must include all labour, tools, machinery and equipment.
As the works are urgent, the successful bidder must have the capacity to start the works within 7 (seven) days after appointment and complete the work within 3 months.
The scope of works will include:
- Submission of a proposal and quotation for the removal of unwanted alien vegetation. The proposal must include the methodology for the removal of the alien vegetation and must take into account environmental laws, regulations and sensitivity of the area. An indication of the timeline to be included in the proposal and the quote to be itemised.
- Manual clearing using hand tools, mechanised tools and chemical application.
- Agreements will be drawn up between respective parties for the continued maintenance of the firebreaks prior to work commencement.
- Create a 15m firebreak at Greyton, section 1 over a distance of 117m to join up with section 2 and 3 (see map attached). Method; crop bushes and clear large fynbos patches using manual labour. Brush cutters will be required as well as chainsaw work on larger trees mostly Keurboom (Virgilia divarcata)
- Greyton, section 2, maintain existing firebreak of 15m wide and 130m long with brushcutter.
- Greyton, section 3, maintain existing firebreak of 15m wide and 103m wide with brushcutter.
- Any recommended mechanical clearing will be evaluated and assessed by a Casidra representative before such work commences.
- Timesheets (signed by workers) and ID copies of workers must be submitted with each claim.
- Payment to the contractor will be upon submission of the invoice and supporting documentation.
- The quality and quantity of work completed will be inspected and verified, by the Implement agent, prior to invoices being submitted.
- The contractor will be expected to commence by January 2019 and complete the works by March 2019.
Documents are available at Casidra SOC Ltd, 22 Louws Avenue, Southern Paarl. Documents can also be obtained from Ms Bridgette Bartes via email at email@example.com
Documents for the purpose of this bid include:
- Conditions to Submit Bid (Form CBD 2.1 Lump Sum Bid) or Standard Conditions of Contract can be viewed on the Casidra website at www. Casidra.co.za
- Price Form, Bill of Quantities and Schedules (Form CBD 3.1 (Lump Sum Bid)
- Scope of Works (Form CBD 4)
- PPP Evaluation Form (Form CBD 5.1 (80/20).
- Bank Entity Form (Form CBD 7), unless the banking details of the company indicate “verified” on the Central Supplier Database (CSD).
- Registration on the CSD for all suppliers is compulsory and registration numbers must be supplied.
In accordance with Casidra’s Preferential Procurement Policy, this bid as further indicated in CBD 5.1 is subject to:
- a functionality compliance test
- B-BBEE certified bids will receive preferential scores;
The successful bidder will be required to fill in and sign a written Contract Form (CBD 8).
BID DEADLINE: The closing date for the bid is 13 December 2019 strictly at 12H00.
Bids must be submitted in a sealed envelope with the name of the bidder and the inscription “LANDCARE FIRE BREAKS OVERBERG: ALIEN CLEARING AT GREYTON NATURE RESERVE – BID NO.112/2019 RE-ADVERTISEMENT and placed in the bid box available at Reception of Casidra’s Head Office, 22 Louws Avenue, Southern Paarl. No faxed, counter-to-counter courier, email or posted bids will be accepted.