TENDER NO: 83/2017
- Date Created: Tuesday, 23 January 2018
- Closure Date: 05 February 2018
- Locality: PHILIPPI
DRILLING OF BOREHOLE
The works, as described, is part of the Agriculture and Land Reform programme for the Metropole, farm Slam Farming, situated 5 km from Ottery on Papkuilsvleiweg. Farm coordinates -34.017955, 18.553305. The quoted amount will be a lump sum bid and must include labour and machinery required to complete the works. As the works are urgent for security reasons, the successful bidder must have the capacity to start the works within 7 (seven) working days of appointment and complete the work within 2 calendar weeks.
Conditions that may pose a risk: (Summary of Risk analysis)
Sandy ground conditions can be expected. Security for materials and equipment must be supplied. The Contractor must put all necessary precautions in place to work under these conditions.
The scope of works will include:
1. Establishment and set up of drilling equipment on site
2. Drilling of borehole to an approximate total depth of 40 meters at the demarcated site indicated on the Geophysical report provided by GEOSS. The final depth is contingent on the geology encountered and the water strikes obtained.
3. The borehole should be drilled at an initial diameter of 181mm to a depth of 20 meters, thereafter standard 200mm borehole diameter drilling should be employed.
4. The nature and length of casing to be installed should be left to the discretion of the driller
5. Fit with concrete collar
6. Enclose borehole with suitable material to prevent foreign material from entering the borehole
7. Borehole must be drilled in such a way that it can accommodate the fitting of a 100mm pump.
8. Upvc screens and gravel pack (or alternative method) to be determined on site according to sand grain size
9. Testing of ground water yield available according of SANS 10299-4:2003 (4X1hr stepdown +CD 48hour test)
10. Licencing of borehole
Documents are available at Casidra (Pty) Ltd, 22 Louws Avenue, Southern Paarl. Documents can also be obtained from Cynthia Lebenya via email on email@example.com
In accordance with Casidra’s Preferential Procurement Policy, this bid as further indicated in CBD 5.1 is subject to:
- a functionality compliance test;
- B-BBEE certified bids will receive preferential scores.
BID DEADLINE: The closing date for the bid is 05 February 2018 strictly at 12H00.
Bids must be submitted in a sealed envelope with the name of the bidder clearly marked “DRILLING OF A BOREHOLE – BID NO. 83/2018” and placed in the bid box available at Reception of Casidra’s Head Office, 22 Louws Avenue, Southern Paarl. No faxed, counter-to-counter courier or posted bids will be accepted.