TENDER NO: 55/2017
- Date Created: Friday, 22 September 2017
- Closure Date: 05 October 2017
- Locality: WESTERN CAPE
SOCIAL SUPPORT TO SUBSTANCE ABUSE
The Western Cape Department of Agriculture hereby invites relevant registered, non-profit organisations (NPO’s) that deliver services to farm workers and their family members in the Western Cape to submit business plans / project proposals that address the following:
Substance Abuse / Domestic Violence / Counselling and Support: The aim of the project is to create awareness regarding the dangers of substance abuse, and the effects it has on families and households.
The need from the Western Cape Department of Agriculture’s provincial wide Agri Worker Household Census indicated that substance abuse plays a major role with regards to social problems in districts. It was found that the highest incidents of FAS cases were in the Cape Winelands District (Paardeberg and Langeberg), Eden District (Herbertsdale in Mossel Bay,) and the West Coast District (Lutzville Wes in Matzikama). Alcohol causes more damage to communities than realised and there is a lack of support to fix the damage caused.
The implementation of this project would contribute to the general social upliftment of farm workers, their communities and farm worker organisations.
The scope of works will include:
- Train mentors in the community to support pregnant women and prevent them from using alcohol during pregnancy (thus lowering the risk of having FAS babies).
- Reach 60 beneficiaries across the districts; Cape Winelands (Paardeberg and Langeberg), Eden (Herbertsdale in Mossel Bay) and West Coast (Lutzville Wes in Matzikama).
- Provide awareness sessions on domestic violence and substance abuse in districts as well as counselling and support.
- 2 awareness sessions per area are required (1 x initial session and 1 x follow up session) and 1 x counselling session per area.
- Counselling sessions should cover 5 to 20 people per area.
- Enter into a Grant Agreement with the implementing agent, Casidra.
- Implement the project activities timeously as planned and captured in the approved project business plan.
- Give full co-operation to the project leader assigned to this project.
- Attend meetings / sessions hosted by the WCDoA and Casidra regarding procedures, requirements and other matters related to improving the working relationship.
- Attend monthly meetings with the WCDoA and Casidra to discuss project progress (challenges, blockages, proposals and solutions) thus ensuring project progress.
- Quarterly reporting on the project as well as submission of proof of evidence (attendance registers) of all completed activities and expenditure incurred.
- Provide attendance registers for all beneficiaries reached.
- Have administrative support structures in place to ensure effective and timeous submission of the required financial and progress reports. Compliance will be monitored and will determine the release of funds.
Experience: The NPO to be in existence for and have at least 3 years experience.
Documents are available at Casidra SOC Ltd, 22 Louws Avenue, Southern Paarl. Documents can also be obtained from Ms Bridgette Bartes via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
In accordance with Casidra’s Preferential Procurement Policy, this bid as further indicated in CBD 5.1 is subject to:
- a pre-compliance criteria (see scope of works);
- a functionality compliance test;
- B-BBEE certified bids will receive preferential scores.
BID DEADLINE: The closing date for the bid is 05 October 2017 strictly at 12H00.
Bids can be emailed to email@example.com. Faxed copies will be accepted only if receipt is confirmed by telephone. Faxes can be send to 086 559 1120 and telephonically confirmed at 021 863 5000.