The successful candidate will be a pro-active, self-motivated, performance driven, client orientated team player, who will deliver an effective, efficient and value added service to the organization at large.
Reporting to the Senior IT Officer, you will be responsible for:
- Maintenance of hardware and software and maintain accurate inventory.
- Maintenance of the desktops, servers, routers and UPS and maintain log of required repairs and maintenance.
- Installation, configuration, maintenance, monitoring, supporting and troubleshooting of software and network operating system.
- Install new work stations or move work stations, connect and set up hardware, load all required software
- Maintenance on cabelling and replacement thereof when needed
- Liaison with computer suppliers to ensure time procurement, supply and distribution of all information technology requirements
- Rendering technical advice and user support
- Providing support to personnel in the effective utilization of software and hardware and provide recommendations about accessing information
- Provide orientation to new users of existing technology. Train staff about new and potential uses of existing technology and provide individual training and support on request
- Identify and prepare hardware for disposal.
- Provide and maintain a secure and reliable information and network infrastructure.
- A BSc Computer Science qualification or relevant tertiary education in the field of Information Technology (IT).
- A+ certificate and a MCSE 2003 will be beneficial.
- Thorough knowledge of MSSQL, MS Exchange, and firewall software,
- Experience in MSSQL, Microsoft Windows Server 2010, MS Exchange 2010 and Firewall software
- 3 – 5 years of practical and operational experience in the IT field with special reference to database administration, active directory and support.
- A valid EB driver’s license; Must be prepared to travel
- Skills: Problem solving, Effective and quick implementation skills
Attitude: Honest and trustworthy, discreet, meeting deadlines, good team player, handling pressure
Closing date for applications: 31 August 2018
and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Casidra is a Public Entity and aims to reach employment equity and Disability targets.