BOOKKEEPER (EVALUATE 7 – ONE YEAR CONTRACT)Ukuyila
Casidra is a project Implementing entity with 32 Years of proven excellence and renders a Project Management Service to Departments within the Western Cape Provincial Government, National Departments, Local Authorities, Businesses, NGO’s, other Governmental Agencies and International Assistance Institutions. The Financial Record–Keeping Programme (FRKP) is an initiative of the Western Cape Department of Agriculture (WCDoA) that assists emerging farmers in the Western Cape with financial record keeping.
Casidra currently seeks to recruit a Bookkeeper who is proficient and skilled in providing accounting support to projects on the FRK Programme.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS INCLUDE, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO:
- Accounting transactions to final trial balance
- Monthly data capturing from source documents (including bank account reconciliations, debtors, creditors, etc.)
- Annual stock take year-end for inventory and/or livestock of farmers
- Payroll administration (Including PAYE/UIF deductions, payslips, EMP 201 and EMP 501 submissions on SARS E-Filing)
- VAT reconciliations / VAT 201 submissions and audits on SARS E-Filing
- Monthly and quarterly reporting
TO BE CONSIDERED YOU WILL HAVE:
- Matric with relevant tertiary qualification is essential
- A minimum of one-year experience in Pastel Accounting (Pastel Express or Pastel Partner)
- A minimum of one-year practical experience Pastel Payroll
- A minimum of one-year experience in Taxation
- Must have worked in an accounting practice for at least one year
- Knowledge of Sage 1 online would be advantageous
- SARS E-filing exposure and practical knowledge in liaising with SARS to solve queries from submissions and tax assessments
- Exposure to completion of CIPC returns, director changes and name changes of companies
- Solid background and understanding of accounting principles and corporate taxes
- A valid code B driver’s license
- Must be bilingual (Afrikaans & English)
- Willingness to travel (Site visits & travelling across the Western Cape)
Skills:Effective communication, presentation, organisational skills and computer skills
Attitude: Honest and trustworthy, meeting deadlines, good team member, handling pressure, customer-orientated but assertive
Remuneration: The total cost of the remuneration package will be determined by the qualifications and experience of the candidate. Suitably qualified applicants must submit a 2-page CV, certified copies of the relevant qualification, certificates as well as a copy of ID, copy of driver’s license, to the Human Resources Department, Casidra, 22 Louws Avenue, or PO Box 660, Southern Paarl 7624 or E-mail to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 24 May 2022 @12h00 and only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Candidates within Western Cape will receive priority.
Casidra is a Public Entity and aims to reach Employment equity and Disability targets.
This post expires at 12:00pm on Tue May 24th, 2022