ACCOUNTANT (CONTRACT POSITION) / RE-ADVERTISEMENTCasidra
Casidra with the Western Cape Provincial Government implements rural economic development projects.
We make a difference in the lives of the people we serve, through effective project management.
Casidra currently seeks to recruit an Accountant who is proficient and skilled in providing accounting support to farmers. The Financial Record-Keeping Programme is an initiative of the Western Cape Department of Agriculture that assists emerging farmers with financial record-keeping.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE (BUT NOT LIMITED) FOR THE FOLLOWING FUNCTIONS:
- CIPC registrations and updates
- Submission of Statutory Returns
- Compilation of Asset Register
- Preparation of Management Accounts
- Compilation of Annual Financial Statements
- Liaise with stakeholders
- Site visits within the Western Cape
- Financial record-keeping training for farmers
- Compilation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Supervision of subordinates
TO BE CONSIDERED:
- Applicable tertiary qualification
- At least 3 years’ accounting experience
- Knowledge of Draftworx, Pastel Partner / Express, Pastel Payroll and Sage 1 online
- Valid registration with a professional body (SAIPA) would be advantageous
- A valid code B driver’s license
Skills: Problem-solving skills, attention to detail
Attitude: Networking and relationship building, customer orientated and sound work ethics.
The total cost of the remuneration package will be determined by the qualifications and experience of the candidate.
Applicants must submit a 2-page CV, certified copies of the relevant qualification certificates as well as a copy of ID,
to the Human Capital Department via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is: 17 August 2022 @12h00 and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Candidates within the Western Cape will receive priority. Casidra is a Public Entity and aims to reach Employment Equity and Disability targets
This post expires at 12:00pm on Wed Aug 17th, 2022